Thursday, December 21, 2017

Top Outfits of 2017

2017 was the year that I finally got to materialize my OTT dreams! <3 I spent a lot of time scouring the internet to find the perfect bows, bracelets, and other details in as many colors as possible to gradually bring back to life the somewhat dying trend of colorful, loud, gaudy, 2012 era, candy-colored sweet lolita. Since I first started out in the fashion back in 2013, the main trends have steadily been changing in a way that's been distancing the fashion from what captivated me so much in the first place. Maybe someday I'll actually work up the courage to write a whole blog post on this, but in the meantime I'll focus on this positive note: even though the direction of the fashion in inevitably changing, I'm very thankful that I've finally gotten my style to what I once dreamed it could look like!!

These are my favorite outfits from 2017, in no particular order. If you click on the photos you can view them bigger, and if you click on the name of each dress or skirt below, it will take you to a blog post where you can see more photos and details of it!






























































Thank you for reading! <3




4 comments:

  1. Your game was really strong this year. :) If 2012-style OTT Sweet is what you like best and what makes you feel best to wear, then ignore the current trends, do what you love and dress for yourself. It suits you really well too. So while I'm sure it must cause you a little heartache every time AP releases something new that's leaning more Classic/New-Sweet, it means more dresses for you as people may start selling off their 2012-era Sweet prints.
    Here's to an equally strong coord game in 2018 for you! :D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! <3 I do love how many different substyles and trends the fashion has, but so many of the recent releases feel too similar to me. The cuts are awkward, the material choices don't feel as nice, and the prints look less detailed. Not too mush stands out anymore, but I will admit that I absolutely love some of the nice deals that I've been getting lately XD. I'm looking forward to all of the new blog posts that I'm going to be able to read in 2018, yours included or course! :) xxx

      Delete
  2. I love your style! This era of sweet was king when I started getting interested in the fashion so I always love seeing you wear it ^__^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! <3 Sometimes I try to shake things up a bit, but I always end up coming back to this type of styling.

      Delete