I've been making accessories and modifying clothes lately, so I thought it would be fun to make a few tutorials! This first one is a really simple 20-minute rosette that can be used as a hair clip or a broach.
3. Craft foam, or Cardboard
4. Broach pins, and/or Hair clips
6. Minimum 2 types, sizes, or colors of ribbon
7. Hot glue gun or other type of glue
8. Centerpiece for the rosette (a button, broach, fake flowers, small bows, etc.)
9. Jewel stickers, and glitter (optional)
1. Cut the larger of your ribbon into 4 pieces, at about 7" each.
2. Fold them into loops and glue to create a circle (left).
3. Put a dot of glue in the center to create an "8" shape (right).
4. Glue the total of 4 loops together to create an 8-pointed star.
5. Repeat steps 1-4 with a different ribbon to create a second 8-pointed star. When cutting the new strips of ribbon be sure to make them an inch or two shorter than the ribbon from the first star. They will stack more easily if you make them different sizes.
6. Glue the two stars together.
7. Glue your center decoration on top. You can use anything you find like a button, broach, a piece of jewelry, fake flowers, or you can make something like tiny bows. The rosette will perk up better when worn if you use something lighter.
8. Cut a few different types of ribbon for the tail.
9. Glue them together in a "V" shape.
10. Glue the tail to the back of the stars. The rosette is almost complete!
11. If you like, you can decorate it further with stickers, glitter, etc.
12. Cut a circle out of foam or cardboard to use a backing for the rosette. I just traced the ribbon spool that was using to get a circle.
13. Glue your circle to the back of your rosette.
14. Glue a pin and/or hairclip to the backing. Wait for the glue to dry and your rosette is ready to wear with a coord!
Thank you for reading!