Friday, May 22, 2015

LBC: Lolita Coordinates for Under $100

This week's lolita blog carnival challenge was to create a complete coordinate for under $100. The cost of lolita can be overwhelming to both those interested in the fashion, and those already in the community. With the prices of most brand items, it isn't uncommon to form the misconception that quality lolita has to be expensive. I put together four complete coordinates for under $100 to prove that this belief is false.


The best ways to find nice pieces on a budget is to use offbrands, taobao brands, and secondhand resale websites. Brand pieces can be purchased for great deals on secondhand resale websites, and offbrand tights, socks, cardigans, and accessories can be found for cheap on sale. Out of the main pieces in my coords 1 is Baby the Stars Shine Bright, 1 is Alice and the Pirates, and 2 are Bodyline. My definition of a complete lolita coord is something that includes a dress/skirt, a blouse, socks/legwear, and shoes.

Coordinate 1: Pink Hime Coord


For this coord I used my new Bodyline OP. The layers of chiffon material make the dress look light and soft, so I paired it with lace pink to grey ombre tights to keep it looking dainty. The pearl hair accessory is what really makes the hime look. The pearl necklace and gold shoes finish it off and balance the gold color throughout the coordinate.


  • Hair Accessory - $20 - Vintage (it's actually a necklace but I like to pin it in my hair)
  • OP - $29 - Bodyline
  • Necklace - $10 - Vintage
  • Tights - $5 - Betsey Johnson (on clearance at Nordstrom Rack, originally about $15)
  • Shoes - $33 - Bodyline
  • Total - $97

Coordinate 2: BTSSB's Pup in a Cup


This coord uses one of the best deals that I've ever gotten on a brand piece. The skirt is the Baby the Stars Shine Bright print called "The World's Most Adorable Dog and The World's Most Delicious Strawberry Parfait," also known as "Pup in a Cup." I got it a swap meet for only $45! I coordinated it with pink and white because those are the main colors of the skirt.


  • Hair Bow - $3 - Forever 21
  • Blouse - $15 - Bodyline
  • Skirt - $45 - BTSSB's Pup in a Cup (from my community's swap meet) 
  • Bracelets - $4 - Vintage
  • Socks - $2 - Hue (on sale at Macy's, original price unknown)
  • Shoes - $23 - Bodyline
  • Total - $92

Coordinate 3: Bodyline's Love Jewelry 


I got this blouse and skirt after their prices dropped to only $15. With the main pieces being so cheap I had more room to find nice accessories, like the Angelic Pretty Promenade de Paris necklace. I coordinated it with pink and white, which are two of the detail colors in the skirt. The flower crown is the perfect hair accessory to keep up the floral theme.

  • Flower Crown - $2 - Claire's (purchased on sale, originally $16)
  • Blouse - $15 - Bodyline
  • Skirt - $15 - Bodyline
  • Accessories - $4 + $20 - Vintage and Angelic Pretty's Promenade de Paris (purchased secondhand, originally $39)
  • Socks - $2 - Hue (on sale at Macy's, original price unknown)
  • Shoe - $23 - Bodyline
  • Total - $81


Coordinate 4: Pop Kei With AATP


This JSK has very vibrant colors which reminds me of pop kei. I often coord it in more of a pop kei or mahou kei direction because of this. I mixed patterns with the plaid tights and the plaid of the dress. I also used a bright pink bolero and shoes to bring out the pink in the dress even more. Mixing patterns is one of my favorite trends in all fashion styles.

  • Flower Crown - $2 - Claire's (purchased on sale, originally $16)
  • Bolero - $13 - Bodyline
  • JSK - $45 - Alice and the Pirate's Original Tartan Check (purchased secondhand)
  • Accessories - $4 - Vintage
  • Tights - $11 - Hue
  • Shoes - $23 - Bodyline
  • Total - $98


Check out the other participating blogs from this week down below!






No comments:

Post a Comment